Welcome to QuestBridge
QuestBridge is a powerful platform bridging the nation's brightest, under-served youth and leading institutions of higher education and further opportunities. We are an aggregator of excellence. QuestBridge provides a single, internet-based meeting point which links exceptional students with colleges, scholarship providers, enrichment programs, employers, and organizations seeking students who have excelled despite obstacles. By facilitating these exchanges, QuestBridge aims to increase the percentage of talented low-income students attending the nation's best universities and the ranks of national leadership itself.
- QuestBridge envisions a world where America's leadership encompasses thoughtful and broad-minded decision-makers drawn from every economic segment of society.
- QuestBridge will revolutionize the way leading colleges and universities recruit talented low-income students, and the way these students approach their educations and futures.
- QuestBridge aims to create a singular place where exceptionally talented low-income students can navigate educational and life opportunities.
- QuestBridge recruits, develops, and supports motivated low-income students – beginning in high school through college to their first job – to be successful at America's best colleges, graduate schools, and companies.
What We Know
- Abundant low-income talent exists. Annually, approximately 30,000 low-income students score over 1300 on the combined math and verbal SAT scores, and another 42,000 score over 1220. Moreover, over a third of top low-income performers don't take the SAT. Already in the system, there is abundant raw talent and tens of thousands of academically prepared talented low-income students in America to match top low-income students with every full-need scholarship that top American colleges provide. There need be no academic gap if we can bring our best low-income students into the system.
- Most top low-income students in America don't apply to top colleges who want them. In one study, only 3% of the students attending the nation's top 146 colleges and universities were drawn from families in the lowest economic quartile.
- Better recruitment can close this gap. Learn more about our efforts.
What We Believe
- Intelligence, talent, motivation, nobility, and grit are distributed across the entire economic spectrum of America's youth.
- Many elite colleges and universities, Fortune 500 corporations, and top graduate schools sincerely strive to embrace the country's most talented, determined, and self-motivated students. But they often lack the reach to attract appropriate candidates from low-income populations.
- America has an undiscovered population of talented low-income youth. Some of our brightest young minds are well-suited to opportunities, but unconnected for simple lack of information, mentorship, and other surmountable barriers.
- In an increasingly global marketplace, America will not continue to prosper unless we make best use of the latent talent brimming within our borders.