- Amherst is a small liberal arts college located in Amherst, Massachusetts, which is located 90 miles from Boston, and 150 miles from New York City. Map.
- Amherst enrolls approximately 1,800 undergraduate students.
- Amherst is part of the Five College Consortium in which Amherst students can also take classes at the four neighboring colleges: Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, Hampshire College, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Amherst follows a need-blind financial aid policy to meet the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
- Amherst is among only a handful of colleges and universities in the country that do not require their students to acquire student loan debt in order to pay for their undergraduate educations.
- 23% of students who applied for financial aid at Amherst have family incomes below $60,000.
- 20% of students at Amherst receive Federal Pell Grants, which mostly go to students whose family incomes are below $40,000.
- 14% of students in the Class of 2015 are the first member of their family to attend a four-year college.