Available Majors & Career Preparation
- Davidson offers 23 majors ranging from Political Science to Biology to the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies. Students also have the opportunity to pursue minors and concentrations to complement their majors. Learn more about academic life at Davidson.
- Davidson is a leader in undergraduate research. Professors teach through research, inviting and encouraging students to join them. Davidson supports collaborative research projects between faculty and students year-round with facilities and funding. Additionally, some of the most impressive research takes place during the hot summer months through the Davidson Research Initiative (DRI).
- Davidson's pre-med program assists students in realizing their goals in the health professions. The discipline developed through a rigorous liberal arts education prepares students to meet the challenges and shoulder the responsibilities that await them as medical students and physicians.
- Davidson’s pre-law program helps students explore the legal profession and take the next steps to gain admittance to law schools around the country.
- Davidson offers a 3-2 program in engineering with Columbia University and Washington University. Through this program, Davidson students study for 3 years at Davidson followed by 2 years at the partner university, earning both a BA from Davidson and a BS in engineering. A 4-2 program is also offered.
- Davidson offers community-based learning courses and research opportunities as keys to creating impactful change.
- Over 80% of Davidson students study, live, work or travel abroad.
- From the science labs to Tyler-Tallman Recital Hall, Davidson students study, perform and play in state-of-the-art facilities.
- At Davidson, learning extends far beyond the classroom. Academic resources and centers help students thrive by fully exploring all of Davidson’s opportunities for living and learning.
- Whether working together in the science lab, debating economic policy at the local coffee shop, or discussing plans for life after college, Davidson students learn from and alongside professors committed to their students’ intellectual growth and success.