Applying through the National College Match requires a serious commitment. Ranking colleges through the College Match means that you are entering an agreement with the college that if you are matched (i.e. admitted with a full scholarship), you are committed to attending that college and you must withdraw any other college applications.*
- College Match applicants who rank colleges cannot apply to other colleges through Early Decision, Early Action, or Single-Choice Early Action.
- College Match applicants who do not rank colleges, or who are not selected as Finalists, are free to apply to any colleges for Early or Regular Decision.
*With the exception of four non-binding partner colleges: MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale. For these schools, matched students are not obligated to attend the school, and may apply to other schools through Regular Decision and wait until the spring to decide where to enroll.
Exceptions to the QuestBridge Early Application Policy:
- Students may apply to any college or university that requires an early application for eligibility to special scholarships or programs, as long as the admissions decision is non-binding.
- Students may apply to their home-state public college or university with a non-binding early application option, as long as applying to QuestBridge does not violate that college's policies.
- Students may apply to any college or university with a non-binding rolling admission process.
If you are considering applying early to a school that does not fall under one of the exceptions listed above, please send an e-mail to
For questions on our early application policy, please visit AskQB.