Application Components & Requirements
Applicants to the National College Match
must submit the following by the deadlines indicated.
By September 27 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
- Completed QuestBridge online application.
- Two Teacher Recommendations. You should have teachers who know you well, and who can speak to your academic performance and character, write your recommendations. They should be written by teachers of core academic curriculum subjects such as math, English, science, social studies, or foreign language. Remember to give your teachers enough time to complete the recommendation for you by the September 27 deadline.
- One Secondary School Report (also known as your counselor recommendation). Your high school counselor will need to submit a recommendation for you in addition to your two teachers. Again, please remember to give your counselors enough time – they are just as busy as you are!
- Transcript. You or your counselor should submit a transcript (this can be unofficial). Please note that we cannot accept transcripts through the postal mail or e-mail.
- Standardized Test Score Reports. Standardized test score reports should include your SAT, ACT, and/or SAT Subject Test results, and must also be uploaded or faxed. You should submit either copies of the score reports you receive in the mail or get online from the testing organization. Please do NOT send us your official score reports directly from the testing organization.
- School Profile (recommended but not required). Most high schools have a profile with information about the school's curriculum, student body demographics, etc. Check with your counselor to see if your school has one. Your counselor can upload this with the Secondary School Report.
By October 14 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
If you are participating in the early National College Match process:
- College Rankings. From your Application Management page, complete the National College Match rankings section by selecting up to 8 QuestBridge partner colleges where you would like to be considered for admission and the College Match scholarship. Your rankings should be in order of preference. If you are applying to our partner colleges for the Regular Decision process only, you should not rank colleges, and instead select opt-out on this form.
- Match Agreement Form. This form ensures that you understand and agree to the terms of the National College Match. The Match Agreement Form will be available to print from your Application Management page after rankings have been submitted. The form must be signed by you, your high school counselor, and a parent or guardian, and then scanned and uploaded or faxed to QuestBridge.
By November 4 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
If you become a finalist for the National College Match:
College Match Requirements for Finalists. These vary depending on the college, but many partner colleges require some combination of the items below. You are required to submit these materials directly to the colleges (not to QuestBridge), and the schools will not consider your applications to be complete without them. Please note that some of our partner colleges require you to submit a Common Application and recommendations in addition to the QuestBridge application. Click here for more information on College Match Requirements for Finalists.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. For more information on the CSS/Financial Aid Profile, click here.
- Copies of your parents' federal tax returns.
- Non-Custodial Parent Waiver Petition form (if applicable). Financial information is required from both natural parents to determine a student's financial aid award. By completing this form, you are petitioning that an exception be made to the requirement of financial information from your non-custodial parent. To access the form, click here.
- Official transcripts.
- Official test score reports (from the testing organization).
By December 12 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
If you are applying through QuestBridge's Regular Decision process:
- Partner College Selections: You must go to your Application Management page between December 2 and December 12 and indicate your college selections on the "Regular Decision Application Forwarding" form. You may choose as many of our partner colleges as you like. You must complete this part of the process if you want to apply to our partner colleges for admission through the QuestBridge Regular Decision process.
- Regular Decision Requirements. Each school has additional requirements, deadlines, and application components you will need to submit in addition to having your QuestBridge application forwarded. All additional materials are due by the individual college's Regular Decision deadline. Please note that colleges may have different Regular Decision deadlines, and many partner colleges have different requirements for QuestBridge finalists and non-finalists. The Regular Decision Requirements page can be found here.