"QuestBridge allows you to show college admissions officers the challenges you have overcome. My future has become so much brighter due to this opportunity."
|Application Process: The National College Match|
Take a look at the National College Match Flowchart.
Before You Apply
1. Sign up for a QuestBridge Account.
To access the 2013 National College Match application, go to the Apply page.
Important information about signing up for your QuestBridge account:
Once you've signed up for your QuestBridge account, familiarize yourself with the application. Look over the questions via the links in the left bar so you can plan ahead to make sure you give yourself enough time to complete every section. You can navigate through the application using the links on the left side, even if you haven't completed the prior page.
2. Register Your Recommenders.
Your College Match application is not complete without two teacher recommendations. The teacher recommendation section is toward the bottom of the list of links on the left side of your Application Management, but this does not mean you should do this last. In fact, you should register your recommenders (as well as your counselor for the Secondary School Report; see below) as soon as possible in order to give them enough time to complete the recommendation for you by the application deadline. When you register them, they will receive an e-mail with a link to your recommendation form.
Important: before you register your recommenders, make sure you have their most current e-mail addresses. If you enter the wrong e-mail address for them, they will not be able to access your online recommendation form.
Register your recommenders as soon as you are able to (preferably during the first week of school) so that they have enough time to complete and submit your recommendations by the deadline. After you register them, follow up with your teachers to make sure they received our e e-mail.
3. Register Your Counselor / School Official for your Secondary School Report
You must also submit a Secondary School Report (counselor recommendation) as part of your application. In the Academic section of the application, you will be asked to register a school official -- this should be your counselor -- whereupon your counselor will receive an e-mail with a link to the proper form. Please refer to the information in #2, above, for details on registering your recommenders.
4. Submit Your High School Transcript and Test Score Reports.
Please submit a copy of your academic transcript and test scores to QuestBridge via upload on your Application Management page or the Academic section of your application. Please follow the instructions within the application. We prefer that the transcript be official if possible, but an unofficial transcript is sufficient. Also, please do NOT send us your official score reports directly from the testing organization. You can scan the mailed score report you received or submit a copy of your online score report.
Please note we cannot accept any materials sent through the postal mail. Please also note that your counselor can submit these materisls via the Secondary School Report form.
5. Complete the QuestBridge Application.
Keep in mind that the application includes essay questions, short answer questions, and detailed questions about your academic performance and financial background, so leave yourself plenty of time to complete the best application you are able to.
6. Submit the QuestBridge Application by September 27.
The National College Match application deadline is September 27, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. All of the application components are also due on September 27, including:
7. Make sure that the checklist on your Application Management page is complete.
All received materials will be viewable on this checklist.
After the Application Deadline
1. Submit your College Match Rankings by October 14. After the application deadline, it will be time to choose which of our Partner Colleges you want to rank for the College Match. You may choose up to 8 colleges, or you may also choose not to rank any colleges (this will make you eligible to apply to our Partner Colleges for Regular Decision only). For more information on this, please see the Regular Decision Process page). Your rankings should be in order of preference, with your first college choice as number 1.
Important: with the exception of 4 schools (MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale), the match process is binding. You should only rank colleges you would want to attend if selected for a scholarship. "Binding" means that if you are admitted to a college through the College Match, you will be required to attend that school. Learn more about our early application policy.
Your rankings must be submitted through your Application Management page by October 14, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
2. Submit your Match Agreement Form by October 14. Your rankings will not be considered official without your Match Agreement Form. The form states that you understand the terms of the College Match process, and colleges will not consider you for the Match unless this form is submitted. The Match Agreement Form will be available on your Application Management page after your rankings have been submitted. The form must be signed by you, your high school counselor, and a parent or guardian, and then either scanned and uploaded or faxed to QuestBridge.
3. Look for your finalist notification on October 22. QuestBridge notifies applicants of their finalist status via their Application Management page. You will be notified regardless of whether or not you are a finalist.
If You Become a Finalist
1. Submit all College Match Requirements for Finalists by November 4. Each of our partner colleges has additional requirements you must submit in order to be considered for the College Match scholarship. See College Match Requirements for Finalists for more information.
3. Look for your notification on December 2. QuestBridge notifies all finalists who ranked colleges of their College Match status on December 2. Because our partner colleges only offer a limited number of College Match awards, not all finalists will be matched. It is important to remember that not being matched is NOT the same as being rejected by the schools on your rankings list! Every year, many students are admitted through Regular Decision at schools where they did not match.
4. Finalists who are not matched are encouraged to apply to our partner colleges through the QuestBridge Regular Decision Process. QuestBridge finalists who do not receive College Match scholarships may also be automatically considered in the Early Decision/Early Action or Regular Decision rounds at some of our partner colleges. Please see Regular Decision Requirements for more information.