- Yale is an Ivy League University located in New Haven, Connecticut, a 90 minute drive from New York City and a 45 minute drive from Hartford, Connecticut. Map.
- Yale enrolls 5,453 undergraduate students.
- Yale does not require students to take out loans for their education.
- Yale meets 100% of demonstrated need for all admitted students with a financial aid package consisting of need-based scholarships, term-time employment, and a student income contribution.
- $119 million estimated Yale College financial aid budget.
- 64% of undergraduates in Yale College receive some financial assistance.
- 16% of Yale College students come from families who make less than $65,000 a year.
- Households with less than $65,000 in annual income and typical assets have $0 parent contribution.
- More than 18.5% of eligible Yale College sutdents in the Class of 2019 qualified for Federal Pell Grants, which typcially go to students whose family incomes are below $40,000.
- A record high 14.5% of Yale College students in teh Class of 2019 will be the first in their families to gradute from a four-year college or university.
The above is based on self-reported information solicited from all students once they arrived on campus. Categories do not add up to 100% because U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents who indicated two or more ethnicites are counted in more than one category.