As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve, we will update this page with the most recent information related to the 2020 College Prep Scholars Program.
April 16, 2020
Due to COVID-19, telementoring with Amherst College students will not be offered for the 2020 College Prep Scholars Program.
March 17, 2020
From an email that QuestBridge Co-Founder and CEO Ana McCullough sent applicants:
I am writing to share some important updates for College Prep Scholars Program applicants that will hopefully provide some clarity and relief for you during this challenging time. As school closures and COVID-19 continue to impact the communities we serve, I assure you that QuestBridge is still wholly committed to helping outstanding students from low-income backgrounds reach their full potential.
We acknowledge the many challenges that students and educators are facing right now, and we have made some difficult decisions to adapt our programming. To prioritize the health and well-being of the students we serve, please take note of these important updates:
- The College Prep Scholars Program application deadline has been extended to Tuesday, April 21, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. The new April 21 deadline is for the application and all components (recommendation, transcript, test scores, and School Profile).
- We will accept and review applications with missing materials. We encourage all applicants to fill out the application to the best of their ability. Applications with missing materials, such as recommendations or transcripts, will be reviewed with more flexibility, and test score reports are still optional, as they have always been. Remember that we accept unofficial transcripts.
- The 2020 QuestBridge National College Admissions Conferences will be replaced with a virtual event for all College Prep Scholars. We are working on the logistics to host a meaningful virtual event, and our 42 college partners are eager to connect with students through this opportunity.
- In-person summer programs that begin before July 1 will not be offered through QuestBridge to ensure the well-being of our students. Along with our partners, we will continue to closely monitor the situation to make any additional adjustments. You can check the status of college summer program opportunities on our website.
- All QuestBridge Staff are temporarily working remotely, and we are available to assist you through AskQB, our online help portal. Unfortunately, we will not be able to assist you over the phone at this time, but you can email us at email@example.com.
We hope these changes will help you make the most of the time and energy you have already put into your College Prep Scholars Program application. We will be in touch if we have further updates, and you can always see the most recent information on our COVID-19 Update page.
Please take good care of yourself — and others — during this time.
QuestBridge Co-Founder and CEO