We are looking for a dedicated, creative individual with strong writing skills and a deep commitment to the mission of QuestBridge to join the QuestBridge Scholars Network (QSN) team as a Communications Associate. This position offers a unique opportunity to support undergraduate students attending our college partners and contribute to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture.
Reporting to the Director of the QSN, the Communications Associate will focus communications initiatives that support student development and community building. They will also contribute to program initiatives, innovation, and strategy around the future of the QSN.
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write and edit original content for marketing or educational purposes, on topics relevant for our QuestBridge Scholar community.
- Produce and manage content in various formats, including print materials, HTML emails, webpages, webinars, videos and social media posts.
- Help to foster positive online interaction and facilitate network connection on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, GroupMe, etc.
- Participate in supporting QuestBridge Scholars via email, phone, social media, and other platforms.
- Design and edit layout and graphics of materials and communications related to national initiatives and annual campaigns.
- Adhere to an organization style guide to ensure uniformity of our messaging.
- Contribute to building and executing programs that positively impact QuestBridge Scholar identity, development and growth, foster the QSN community, and cultivate civic engagement.
- Travel to conferences and/or campuses to interact and build relationships with QuestBridge Scholars.
- Develop a deep understanding of our Scholars and apply this knowledge to improve our student support model.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability.
- Experience working with and relating to college students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Strong comfort with technology and data, with the ability to evaluate and improve current operations.
- Experience handling sensitive personal information and situations with professionalism.
- Ability to travel 3+ times annually.
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- Experience with marketing and/or communications in both print and online/social media contexts.
- Experience with email marketing software and webpage development.
- Experience designing for communications, using programs like Adobe Creative Suite, or a good eye for visual communications and design.
- Experience or interest in video or audio editing and production.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge, especially in terms of serving the current QuestBridge Scholar population.
- Entrepreneurial, dynamic, and ready to contribute creative solutions to the team.
- Warm, positive personality, and ability to collaborate well with others.
- Polished, professional demeanor, and communication style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture.
- Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity, with the drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
Salary is commensurate with experience, variable according to experience and abilities. Benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to the Caltrain station.