We’re looking for an energetic, self-starting, innovative individual to lead our Data & Technology Team. This team of about five, including data engineers and analysts, is responsible for managing the database and application systems, infrastructure, web applications, and platforms for internal and external customers.
This full-time position reports directly to the CEO and offers an exceptional opportunity for a talented, mission-driven individual to contribute to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture.
- Work as part of the QuestBridge leadership team to envision and build overall growth strategy for data architecture, engineering, and analytic resources to achieve our organizational goals
- Deploy and manage engineering talent to improve the efficiency and quality of our operations in marketing, data management, and data delivery
- Develop data reporting tools that improve the operation and decision-making of all of our teams at QuestBridge in our work with students, partners, and educators
- Manage our part-time Information Technology expert to maintain and continue to develop a technology infrastructure that meets the needs of the organization
- Promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries
- Manage relationships with key third parties (e.g., Technolutions, others)
- BS or MS degree in math/science/engineering
- Technical Expertise
- 8+ years of related work experience, including design and support of new and existing data pipelines, data architecture, database design, data warehousing, data engineering, and database support tools
- Track record of identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Proficient in Python, MS SQL server
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop tools and platforms to meet stakeholder requirements
- 5+ years of experience implementing services, deploying, and keeping them running in production
- Leadership and Communications
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects, team members, and stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to understand and communicate complex processes to non-technical audiences in a clear and straightforward way
- Strong written and oral communication skills at a range of technical levels
- Ability to communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture, and technology implementation to multi-functional groups and senior level management.
- Alignment with Our Mission
- Passion for issues in education and access to higher education
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge
- Self-starter, with ability to self-manage and take ownership of work.
- Exceptional attention to detail and keen sense of accountability
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues
- Desire to grow and develop professionally. Quick study, independently resourceful
Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills; benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours, Duration, & Location of Work
This position is a full-time position. The QuestBridge office is located in Palo Alto. There is a possibility for remote work, depending on candidate experience and situation.