Our temporary Event Assistant position is an opportunity for an energetic, organized, and detail-oriented individual to be involved in all phases of the planning and execution of our large-scale 3-day conference in July, three National College Admissions Conferences in May, June, and July, as well our Liaison Training Conference in August. This person will be an integral member of the team that creates and delivers these outstanding summer events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with various vendors to coordinate orders, production, and delivery.
- Coordinate staff and student volunteer travel arrangements.
- Assist with managing event on-site, including set-up, day-of, and clean-up.
- Assist in developing, compiling, and editing conference materials, including but not limited to, travel information, nametags, presentation handouts, etc.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good logistical and coordination skills, with event planning experience in a professional setting.
- High quality standards, good eye for detail.
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, with some experience with Publisher.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization and professionalism.
- Self-starting, resourceful, and organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability.
- Ability to travel, along with other staff, to conference locations around the country.
- Warm, positive personality with a customer service focus.
- Heightened sensitivity towards working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Desire to contribute to overall QuestBridge goals and mission.
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues.
Compensation commensurate with experience and skills.
Hours, Duration & Location of Work
This is a temporary, full-time position located at the QuestBridge office in Palo Alto, CA.
We are looking for someone to start in January and continue through mid-August.