We are looking for a Manager, Human Resources & Administration with a passion for supporting individual and organizational growth and success in a mission-driven organization.
This full-time position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to a nonprofit organization which connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
Reporting to the CEO, the Manager, Human Resources & Administration position requires a balance of tactical and strategic abilities and skills in both HR and office administration. Our ideal candidate will be skilled in managing talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, recognition, training, employee relations, legal compliance, as well as overall office management.
- Oversee talent acquisition process – recruitment through onboarding.
- Maintain competitive compensation plan, including external benchmarking and internal structure.
- Review and administer full-range of benefit plans to support staff and ensure best practices.
- Work closely with management in performance management, professional development, training activities, and employee relations to maintain a healthy productive work environment.
- Work with Recognition Committee to identify meaningful and fun activities to engage and celebrate staff and support employee retention.
- Administer HR policies and procedures including researching and writing HR policy updates that reflect current regulatory and organizational guidance and communicating changes with staff.
- Manage workers’ compensation and safety programs.
- Maintain accurate employee records and ensure timely reporting as required either internally or externally.
- Oversee G&A and Office annual budgets including spending and expenditure approvals.
- Oversee QuestBridge business insurance for all locations.
- Ensure efficient office operations including overseeing office maintenance, equipment, supplies, inventory, and emergency procedures.
- Preserve organization and program historical documents.
- Participate in QuestBridge team initiatives such as: annual conferences, application reading, innovation groups, etc.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- BS/BA degree in HR or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR operational experience, including staffing, compensation/benefits, payroll, employee relations.
- Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and emotional maturity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience working in nonprofit is preferred, but not required.
- Sensitivity to working with others from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information/situations.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office Suite and Google apps.
- Deep-seated personal integrity.
- Warm, positive personality.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Self-starter, with ability to self-manage and take ownership of work. Keen sense of accountability.
- Quick study, independently resourceful.
- Aptitude in problem solving.
- Desire to grow and develop professionally, and to support others in their own development.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours & Location of Work
This is a full-time position at the QuestBridge headquarters located in Palo Alto, CA.