The Program Associate, Student Relations position offers a unique opportunity for someone passionate about providing exceptional support for undergraduate college students and contributing to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture. Reporting to the Director of the QuestBridge Scholars Network (QSN), the Program Associate will be a key member of the team focused on supporting students through their time on QuestBridge’s college partner campuses. This position has a strong focus on communication and program development and provides the opportunity to participate in the ongoing development and innovation around our programs.
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create, edit, and manage dynamic content for various types of communication and educational resources including, but not limited to: emails, print, web, and webinars.
- Contribute to building and executing programs strategically that foster the QSN community, cultivate leadership skills of the QuestBridge Scholars, and positively impact identity development and growth.
- Participate in supporting QuestBridge Scholars via email, phone, and other online platforms.
- Travel to college campuses for conferences, gatherings, and summits to interact with students and build relationships with campus administrators. Develop a deep understanding of our students and apply this knowledge to continuously innovate programming and create effective communication content.
- Use tracking and analytics to measure the impact of efforts.
- Adhere to an organization style guide to ensure uniformity of our messaging.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability.
- Experience working with and relating to college students from various backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization and professionalism.
- Self-starting, resourceful and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of issues in education, ideally relating to access to higher education.
- Strong comfort with technology and data, with the ability to evaluate and improve current operations.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Ability to travel 5+ times annually.
Experience with marketing and/or communications in both print and online/social media contexts.
- Passionate about the growth and development of undergraduate students.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a far-reaching social venture in an expansion phase.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
Salary is commensurate with experience, variable according to experience and abilities. Benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours & Location of Work
This is a full-time position. The QuestBridge headquarters is located in Palo Alto, CA.