QuestBridge Scholars currently enrolled at one of our college partners are invited to apply to be QuestBridge Ambassadors for the summer of 2021. This is a virtual volunteer role that supports high school juniors in the College Prep Scholars Program. Representing QuestBridge and their campus, Ambassadors will share their experiences about applying and attending college as a QuestBridge Scholar. This is a great opportunity to inspire high school students at our virtual National College Admissions Conferences (NCAC) and during other pivotal moments of their college application journey this summer.
Who are strong Ambassadors?
- Positive role models motivated to share their college experiences as a QuestBridge Scholar and facilitate encouraging virtual discussions for high school students.
- Dynamic and engaging speakers who enjoy answering questions and interacting with large and small virtual audiences.
- Empathetic student leaders willing to adapt to the various needs of College Prep Scholars.
- Scholars passionate about the QSN community who have previously participated in NCAC volunteer experiences or other QuestBridge activities.
What do Ambassadors gain from the experience?
- The opportunity to inspire high-achieving, low-income high school students and encourage them in their college application journey!
- Meaningful time to meet and learn alongside fellow Scholars across the country during virtual sessions.
- Guided practice to hone professional skills in virtual communication, public speaking, online facilitation, and group engagement.
- Instruction and feedback from QuestBridge Staff through virtual training, and deeper insight into our work and mission.
What will an Ambassador do?
Through the application and interview process, Scholars will be selected as Panelists and/or Peer Leaders:
- Panelists interact with students at NCAC: Share your QuestBridge story, answer participant questions, and refer appropriate resources when helpful.
- Peer Leaders co-lead a small group of high school juniors: Partner with another Scholar to host three virtual discussion sessions. These sessions will create a safe space for high school students to reflect on conference topics and college goals.
- Other potential opportunities: Some Ambassadors may be called upon to answer high school student questions via social media platforms or speak with parents and educators during virtual events later this summer.
- Total time commitment: All Ambassadors participate in 1-3 hours of interactive training with fellow Scholars in May. Panelists support at least two conferences for 1-2 hours during each NCAC in May. Peer Leaders prepare and co-lead three 1-hour sessions with a group of high school students in June. Other potential activities are TBD.
- Receive our thanks! Successful program participants will receive a modest honorarium for their time, QuestBridge swag, and are eligible for a letter of recommendation from QuestBridge.
How do you become an Ambassador?
To be eligible you must:
- Be a QuestBridge Scholar (National College Match Finalist admitted through the Match, Early, or Regular Decision process and currently enrolled at one of our college partners).
- Depending on the role, be able to commit to 5 - 10 hours between late April-July 2021 to be trained and support events. You will be able to share your availability within the application.
Online Application: The QuestBridge Ambassador Application Form is now closed.
Video interview: The QSN Team will review applications carefully. Should your application be selected for further consideration, we will contact you in April to submit a video recording where you tell us more about your college application experience.
Participate in selection and training: We will notify selected candidates by the end of April. Training will take place in May.
Please direct your questions about the application and selection process to QSN@questbridge.org.